Updated cifs-load-gen

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jul 26 10:04:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have updated cifs-load-gen.

The main new feature is the ability to specify a list of addresses to test
against.

This allows you to run the test against multiple GigE adapters, and thus
will allow me to move towards my goal of testing a machine with 10Gbps.

Other minor fixes have been added. One is that I now throw away read data
at a very low level, as this helps me to squeeze every last drop of
performance out of the driver machine. However, this will have to be done
in a better way in future, as I will want to write tests that generate
lots of load and make sure that the server is giving me back the data it
should.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,