net local functionality

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jul 26 08:14:03 GMT 2002

Simo Sorce wrote:

> Please if even we pass functionality to net make it so it does not need
> a running samba to work for local management as current utilities do.

	Might I restate that as
	1) "there should be one way to do the adiminstrative
	   operations", and
	2) "the mechanism should have at least one interface
	   that can be used without a daemon in operation".

	The first enables the second, which ensures that
	you can acheive the same end: I'll ignore the
	debate about single-command vs seperation of
	function (;-))

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com