Two diffs to add paramater self-checking

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Jul 26 07:18:02 GMT 2002

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> To restate:  "unix password sync = yes" and "encrypt passwords = no" is
> a valid combination.

OK.  I'll bite.  This might for for NT clients, but it won't for win9x
right.  Since we have upper cased passwords, there's no way of knowing
what the user intended the password to be (for the old and new passwords).
You could brute force the old password against the local hash in
/etc/passwd but this seems like such a waste.

cheers, jerry