[Samba] Parameter "hide unwritable"

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jul 26 05:27:02 GMT 2002

Alexander Oswald wrote:
> But it would be a nice-to-have for me, to implement a (strange) kind
> of privacy protection for our users against each other, additional to
> avoid overwhelming them with stuff, they can't change anyway (although the
> world has read-access via apache). But if you have a brilliant idea for
> me, let me know :)

	A non-brilliant one only: create a vfs which
	makes this check in the routine which implements
	readdir.  Sounds like just a few lines of code,
	although you have to work through compiling and
	installing a vfs (virtual file sysetm).

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com