Shoul libsmbclient be used for threaded applications

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Jul 21 21:01:01 GMT 2002

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Abhijeet Paturkar wrote:

> I have one question is libsmbclient thread safe ? I am using
> libsmbclient on Linux Redhat 7.2

I think I have already answered you on this question. It is not
guaranteed to be thread safe. I have never tested it for that.

> I tried to smbc_stat() on URL which pointed to same hosts. The call was
> issued conccurrently using threads.
> One call returned failure saying "file or directory does not exist". The
> same URL works fine if function call is made
> in a standalone program.. OR if two URLs are pointing to different hosts
> there is no problem.
> Is libsmbclient not built for these conditions ..?
> Is there any other API which would take care of this ??

If you send me the smallest possible program that demonstrates the
problem, I *might* be able to look into it or find someone to look into
it.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,