SAMR client-side functions in Samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jul 20 05:02:01 GMT 2002

mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 12:07:03PM +0200, mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl wrote:
> > It's a bit trivial question, but anyway...
> > Is there any reason, why samr client-side functions are named
> > "do_samr_*" instead of "cli_samr_*" as the other ones
> > (e.g. cli_lsa_*) ?
>
> ok, forget about this question . I've found that cli_samr* functions
> do exist in libsmb/cli_samr.c file. If so, another question inevitably
> follows: we do we keep such a dual implementation ? From what Source
> Navigator says, do_samr* functions aren't used at all!

OK, so you have found the hidden booty of RPC client code in rpc_client.

That is the 'old code' currently only being kept for historical
purposes, and isn't even built.  Functions from that code should be
moved into libsmb as time/resources permit - with a bit of a polish
along the way (move to NTSTATUS, make less hackish).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net