Using sendfile for reducing CPU utilization

Mike Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at alcatel.com
Fri Jul 19 11:05:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 13:21, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Richard - can you get this patch to me asap ? If so we can add it
> with an --enable-sendfile option to allow people to experiment with
> it for 2.2.6.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Jeremy.

Patch 111297-01 (sparc) 111298-01 (x86) adds sendfile to Solaris 8.
Solaris 9 has it by default.  It seems to have the same implementation
characteristics as the Linux one -- no header can be specified.  The
Linux and Solaris man pages imply that their implementations are
compatible at the source level.  That is, the SYNOPSIS sections are the
same.

Mike