SMBtrans2 oplock safety

Lev Iserovich lev at ciprico.com
Fri Jul 19 09:52:02 GMT 2002

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>*Great* detective work - can you give me a test case to reproduce
>this ? I would love to know exactly how to test this.
>
>Could you try removing the QUEUE_IN_OPLOCK flag for both
>reply_trans2 and reply_nttrans as they are both internally
>protected against this problem and test again for me.
>
>I would like to know about this problem asap so I can get it
>checked in and tested for 2.2.6.
>
>Thanks,
>
>	Jeremy.

Unfortunately the test case to reproduce is using a very expensive video
editing application (Inite -- www.inciteonline.com)
I can send you network captures of the problem if you want..
I've remove the QUEUE_IN_OPLOCK in reply_trans2 and it solved the
problem. I haven't touched reply_nttrans though, want me to do that too?
I can then try to reproduce and send the non-failing capture to you.

--Lev