OemDomainName in Negotiate Protocol Repsonse

Raghu Iyer riyer at kuokoa.com
Fri Jul 19 08:48:02 GMT 2002

I have attached a packet trace between two NT4.0 machines
that shows a NegProt Response (packet #7) where the flags2 bit
does not say Unicode, yet the oemdomainname field is in UNICODE.
Additional packets are included to show the machine identity.

Going strictly by flag2 bit, does not appear definitive.
Should one consider an OR of flags2 bit and Capabilities field bit
that says Server accepts UNICODE ?

Regards,
Raghu