how to deal with STATUS_PIPE_BUSY ?

Ben Johnson ben at blarg.net
Wed Jul 17 12:54:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:46:51AM -0700, Tim Potter wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:17:34AM -0700, Ben Johnson wrote:
> > Do you think I just need to wait a little while then resend the request?
> > Is it just that NT needs some time to rearrange its buffers or something?
> > That doesn't make much sense to me, but I can't figure out what else it
> > would be.
>
> Yes.  I haven't had a chance to try this out with any of the Samba
> daemons so please let me know if this works.

I told my thing to retry sending the same packet 6 times while waiting
for 10 seconds between each and I got a STATUS_PIPE_BUSY back from each
request.  Because I am probably the only one accessing this NT server I
think there can't be a lack of resources available to handle my request.
I don't know what's up.

Anyway, for my purposes, I can't really afford to wait for even a second
for anything.  Unless I find a better option I'm going to do a hybrid
fix of my first, which limits the number of groups sent in each request
and these latest fixes which are much more efficient than mine alone.

I hope I do find a way to deal with this error but I'm kind of stumped.
Maybe what I need to do is disconnect, reconnect and then make the
second request.  Is there anything known about how NT seems to handle
the STATUS_PIPE_BUSY error?

- Ben