ACL problems in 2.2.5

G.Pentland G.Pentland at soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 06:16:04 GMT 2002

Hi all

I compiled Samba 2.2.5 and tested, everything was as normal....

I compiled Samba 2.2.5 with acl support and now anyone who can log into
the box can add delete modify files etc reguardless of the permissions.

I am using Irix 6.5 (SGI) and the samba box is a member of a windows
2000 domain.

The other thing I have noticed is that to log in to the samba box (with
smbclient) you have to put domain\\username but the ownerships, both
from smbclient and from a windows box looking at the share are
sambabox\\username.

Another aside, is there a tool for populating the secrets.tdb using NIS
and the domain to sync up unix UIDs and NT RIDs before we start?

Many thanks for any help,

Gary Pentland