compiling smbtorture on win32 (cygwin)

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Jul 15 14:46:07 GMT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, gary sekinger wrote:

> Hello,

Hmmm, I could have answered you internally :-)

> I'd like to compile and run smbtorture on a win32 box. Has anyone been
> able to compile smbtorture on win32? If so how? What was the
> environment: native win32, cygwin, sfu, or mks (or something else)? I
> want to run smbtorture on my win32 boxes and have it beat on samba
> servers on the network. Out of the box, the configure script fails with:

I think some guys tried in Australia, but gave up. I am not aware of
anyone else trying.

> checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba
> would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Which parts of smbtorture do you need?

> I can hack around that but compiling smbtorture still has issues with
> shared memory. I'm just wondering (& hoping) that someone else has
> already blazed this trail.

Some parts of smbtorture have been extracted from Samba, so it is possible
that the rest might be able to be as well. Catch me on #qa :-)

--
Regards
-----
sharpe at ethereal.com