Two diffs to add paramater self-checking

Jay Ts jay at metran.cx
Mon Jul 15 13:39:32 GMT 2002

>On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Jay Ts wrote:
>> Neither did I, considering that the smb.conf(5) manual page says:
>>
>>     If  the  security  parameter is set to domain, then
>>     the list of machines in this option must be a  list
>>     of  Primary  or  Backup  Domain controllers for the
>>     Domain or the character '*'
>>
>> and
>>
>>     Default: password server = <empty string>
>>
>> If the actual behavior is different from that, then I would
>> like to request that the smb.conf manual page be updated.

And Richard Sharpe replied:

Now just waitaminute ... what I wrote was:

+ If the actual behavior is different from that, then I would
+ like to request that the smb.conf manual page be updated.

not,

- If the actual behavior is different from that, then I would
- like to update the smb.conf manual page.

THERE is your "diff". :-)

Seriously, is it asking too much for whomever is writing the
code to be the one who makes sure the published documentation
matches the behavior of the program?

Jay Ts
jay at jayts.cx