Two diffs to add paramater self-checking

Jay Ts jay at metran.cx
Mon Jul 15 09:57:29 GMT 2002

David Collier-Brown wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > No - when security = domain, it will try to find a DC if password server
> > is not set.
>
> 	Thanks, I didn't know that it could do that!

Neither did I, considering that the smb.conf(5) manual page says:

    If  the  security  parameter is set to domain, then
    the list of machines in this option must be a  list
    of  Primary  or  Backup  Domain controllers for the
    Domain or the character '*'

and

    Default: password server = <empty string>

If the actual behavior is different from that, then I would
like to request that the smb.conf manual page be updated.

Jay Ts
jay at jayts.cx