Using Samba for HTTP-NTLM-authentication?

Chemolli Francesco (USI) ChemolliF at GruppoCredit.it
Sun Jul 14 23:24:02 GMT 2002

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:19:46PM +0200, Johann Hanne wrote:
>
> > > No need for that.  Just download the mod_ntlm_winbind CVS
> module from
> > > samba.org (CVSWEB link:
> > > http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mod_ntlm_winbind/ )
> and fix it up
> > > for the current protocol.
>
> > Oh. Didn't think this was even that easy. I have it already
> working. But
> > the apache processes still keep segfaulting from time to time. Will
> > probably not be an easy task to debug it, but much better
> than the old
> > mod_ntlm, now that the http-wrapper code is seperated from
> the SMB code.
>
> Oh wow.  I thought it didn't even compile.  (-:  Well if you
> track down
> the bug please forward it to the list!

I've been hacking on it for some time too.
Compiled and sort-of-worked, but
1) It lacked authentication/authorization separation
2) For some reason, it tended to interfere with other virtual servers'
operations

I have a small set of unmerged patches, but I have to re-understand what
they do,
I haven't touched them in a while.

--
	/kinkie