Using Samba for HTTP-NTLM-authentication?

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Fri Jul 12 11:41:40 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 07:44:24PM +0200, Johann Hanne wrote:
> Short version:
> --------------
> Can anybody tell me if there are hooks in Samba that make it possible
> to use it in conjunction with an apache module for HTTP-based
> NTLM-authentication?
Yes, there are such hooks. You can look at Squid-ntlm project and ask
Kinkie (Francesco Chemolli) who is working on similar task for Squid.
Better, come to #samba-technical IRC channel at irc.openprojects.net
and discuss details there. I know that Andrew Bartlett was working with
Francesco on making winbindd more suitable for such task.

In brief, you need to make code that talks with winbindd.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---