is this the right maillist?

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Jul 11 19:19:14 GMT 2002

Hi Ernst,
Problem is that HPUX does not have a C99 compatible version of snprintf (or
vsnprintf, I forget which).  Either way, what happens is that the snprintf.c
module has ifdef's that make sure that we DON'T include stdio.h if we are
going to redefine snprintf or vsnprintf (which we ARE, since we don't have a
C99 version).  The ifdef's do their job, but UNFORTUNATELY, we DO include
another module, called stdlib.h, which includes pwd.h, which includes
stdio.h (oops!), and so you get the redefinition error.
Not actually sure what to do about this at this time....
I'll let you know if I come up with anything...
Don