is this the right maillist?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Jul 11 09:22:08 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Ernst Cozijnsen wrote:

> It also happens without the --with-fhs option

It sounds like a general failure to detect the presence of those two
routines in the configure script.

> If its a failure to who should i turn for a fix?

Well, if you feel comfortable hacking configure.in, you could look at it
yourself.

The next thing to do is to look at those source files and find if the
definitions of snprintf and vsnprintf are protected by an ifdef, ie:

#ifdef NEED_SNPRINTF

or something like that, and if so, modify config.h to change the
definition of that macro. However, you might also have to run 'make
proto'.

This is off the top of my head, so I make no guarantees that it will
work.

If no one else suggests anything better by the time I get to work, I might
look at it further :-)

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,