is this the right maillist?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Jul 11 08:59:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Ernst Cozijnsen wrote:

> \Is this the right list for these type of questions??

Yes, this is the right place.

> When i do a configure --with-fhs everything seems 2 go fine but when i
> do a make i get this:
>
> ILE="/usr/local/samba/etc/samba/private/smbpasswd.tdb"
> Using LIBS = -lgen -lsec  -lnsl
> Compiling lib/snprintf.c
> lib/snprintf.c:764: conflicting types for `vsnprintf'
> /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux/3.0/include/stdio.h:494: previous
> declaration of `vsnprintf'
> lib/snprintf.c:779: conflicting types for `snprintf'
> /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux/3.0/include/stdio.h:493: previous
> declaration of `snprintf'
> make: *** [lib/snprintf.o] Error 1

Does this happen of you do it without --with-fhs as well?

This looks like a failure in configure to detect the presence of vsnprintf
and snprintf in glibc, so it attempts to compile local copies.

> It seems there are a few differences of declarations in the include
> files.
> We use gcc version 3.0 and on the OS we've got the latest patchbundel
> of June installed.
> Is this a knows error? and is there a fix for it?
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Ernst Cozijnsen
>
> --
> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
> is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is only intended
> for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
> distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
> message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
> of this message.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,