[Draft #2] Samba 3.0 roadmap...idmap storage & central idmap repository

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Jul 9 17:06:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> HI Andrew,
>
> Andrew Bartlett,Kai Krueger,Jelmer(ctrlsoft)Vernooij and me are designing a
> new SAM interface and new a SID mapping System (SMS).
> We discussed it on irc.openprojects.net #samba-technical.
> Take a look at http://www.kruegernetz.de/SAM-interface.htm and
> http://www.kruegernetz.de/SAM-interface_handles.txt

Would be useful to have a short description for the routines :-)

For example, what does:  NTSTATUS sam_get_sec_obj(DOM_SID *sid, SEC_DESC
**sd) do?

Well, actually, it is obvious that it gets a SEC_DESC given a SID, but why
would you ask the SAM for such a thing?

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,