[Draft #2] Samba 3.0 roadmap...idmap storage & central idmap repository

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Tue Jul 9 14:49:15 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 22:14, Michael Sweet wrote:
> To make life even more interesting, case comparisons are a
> locale-dependent solution.  That is, "A" with an umlat may
> not compare equal to "a" with an umlat in some locales (or
> shouldn't, anyways).

This is not a problem of mine.
Conversion routines should take care of correctly mapping characters,
after that we have only byte/word comparisons. With UCS2 of course,
instead with utf8 it may get complicated, that's why I want to avoid
encodings that doesn't have fixed length characters inside samba code
when not necessary (eg. utf8 in vfs to write filenames in the
filesystem)

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399