ERROR: in 'security=domain' mode the 'encrypt passwords' parameter must also be set to 'true'

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Jul 9 13:21:28 GMT 2002

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Playing with my smb.conf on a new server (2.2.5), I noticed that the
> 'security=domain' and 'encrypt passwords=yes' parameters are somewhat
> redundant.

	I owe the team a set of self-check code for options
	that can contradict each other... I just finished
	some book stuff last week, so maybe Real Soon Now (;-))

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com