[Draft #2] Samba 3.0 roadmap...idmap storage & central idmap repository

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Tue Jul 9 06:01:01 GMT 2002

HI Andrew,

Andrew Bartlett,Kai Krueger,Jelmer(ctrlsoft)Vernooij and me are designing a
new SAM interface and new a SID mapping System (SMS).
We discussed it on irc.openprojects.net #samba-technical.
Take a look at http://www.kruegernetz.de/SAM-interface.htm and
http://www.kruegernetz.de/SAM-interface_handles.txt

metze

At 11:15 08.07.2002 -0500, Esh, Andrew wrote:

>About a year ago I suggested this and was told that something was being
>done about it. My impression was that there were some ideas about how to
>implement it, and work was in progress. It was suggested that I wait.
>
>I'd like to pick up the thread on this, and put some effort behind it. If
>there are suggested solutions out there, let me know about them. If it is
>acceptable, I will coordinate this feature. I'd implement my own solution
>for it, if I can be sure someone else doesn't have better plans.
>

>* Winbind idmap storage & central idmap repository (for
>     clusters, nfs, etc...)
>   (owner?)

metze