Draft of branch maintainence and release plans....

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Jul 8 08:51:05 GMT 2002

David,

Someone is doing to need to own these.  They sound like
solid ideas.  I've not followed the threads on them
due to lack of time (but i do have a vague recollection).

However, they all seem like icing to me.  In other words,
they would be great to have, but we have lived without them.
This said, if someone donates their time to do it,
then great.  But I'm not sure if they are features which should
be placed on the "3.0 will not ship until these are done"
list.

Make sense?

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, David Lee wrote:

> Could I add a few things for consideration?
>
> Note the word "foundation" in what follows. Most items have such a
> structural foundation aspect as a pre-requisite to building the actual
> functionality.  To a first approximation, I'm assuming that the foundation
> work can only be done by the Samba Team.  (Is this a fair assumption in
> the items listed?)  Once that is done, then the rest of us can then
> contribute the further building work.
>

> panic action

> event mechanism

> session exec