CVS update: samba/source/include

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Jul 3 14:16:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> > first cut at implementing support for browsing printer and driver driver
> > via regedt32.exe.  The regsitry.tdb is only a framework.  It is not
> > intended to store values, only key/subkey structure.  The data
> > will be retrieved from nt*tdb (for printers) creating a virtual view
> > of the data.
>
> congrats, that's a very good idea.
>
> but what is the aim ? you got some drivers requiring server registry
> access ?

Debugging more than anything else.  Comparing PrinterData keys
between local and remote printers.  Will also be an easy way to
clear out old drivers (i know that DeletePrinterDriver() will work,
but this is getting at the raw tdb).  As much as I gripe about
the registry, i do like to dig through it sometimes :-)

Also gives an easy way to init a driver or add PrinterData
(at least it will be when I gfet through).

cheers, jerry