smbmount with big file sizes

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jul 2 06:42:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 yash at linux-delhi.org wrote:

> I have also tried:
>
> http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/index.html
>
> with exactly the steps whatever they are:
> But no luck i have used kernel 2.4.16 and samba 2.2.2.

You have probably not patched both the kernel and samba, rebuilt and
reinstalled both. If either samba or the kernel you are using[1] is
unpatched you will not get large file support.

Also note that there is a 2.4.18 version available. I don't remember that
anything changed from the 2.4.16 patch, but I do know that a lot of people
have had success with the 2.4.18 one.

/Urban

[1] - There is a difference between using and have installed. You can
      have multiple versions installed but use the wrong one.