smbd

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 1 01:54:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Lupscha, Franc (AU - Sydney) wrote:

> I am running Samba 2.2.2 on SUN SPARC Solaris 8 (feb 2002) with all the
> latest patches.
> Samba appears to be running fine except that I get the following appearing
> in the "log.smbd" file .
>
>  " yield_connection: tdb_delete for name  failed with error Record does not
> exist. "
>
> Is this normal or is this a bug ?

I, too have seen that.  I don't recall whether it is normal or a bug.

But I do know that the early Samba 2.2.x (including 2.2.2) and Solaris
were not the happiest of companions, and I would strongly urge you to
migrate to a later release of Samba.  (My direct experience was that
2.2.3a was much better than 2.2.2;  I have heard that even this and 2.2.4
still had occasional problems under Solaris.  Not heard anything bad about
2.2.5/Solaris.)  So I'd suggest that you investigate 2.2.5 .

Hope that helps.