file name encoding UNIX -> DOS does not work

Tomas Zahradnicky, Jr. zahradnicky at appleklub.cz
Thu Jan 31 13:08:03 GMT 2002

hello,

  i've noticed that kanji.c function utf8_to_doscp doesn't work. it
should use data from unicode_map, but it does nonsenses. It takes
character, counts what type of diacritical symbol it has and uses
this counted value as a reference to unicode_map. this seems to be
ok, but it is not because it doesn't account the charater. u with
acute is the same as e with acute for this mapping, for example!
(always offset 0x301). of course, character_ is always a result and
file is not displayed on pc.

what I did was I wrote something to CP852.TXT, recompiled it and
renamed file on pcand reverse translation didn't work. what could be
the problem?

-Tomas
--
# Tomas Zahradnicky, Jr