Launching Application on Client

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Thu Jan 31 04:18:12 GMT 2002

You cannot lanch a application on the client machine using pre-exec or post-exec. The
pre-exec and/or post-exec routines are used to lanch a application on the server only.
There is only one way of launching a application on a clients machine and that's when
you use a logon script.

However this just pops up into my mind.
If there is a tool on MS windows that can execute commands on the local system when
it receives a pop message you can send out messages to a client and the client can
start any software depending on the message you send to it..... Just a tought, not
tested...

Ries