Version 2.2.2 compile on RH7.2

bill at ycc.com bill at ycc.com
Wed Jan 30 16:16:06 GMT 2002

I've compiled samba 2.2.2 several times for RH7.1, without any problems.

On a newly installed RH7.2 box, samba 2.2.2 produces a compile error for
smbd/server.c, stating that it discovered a redefinition for struct statfs.

Compiling smbd/server.c
In file included from /usr/include/linux/vfs.h:4,
                     from /usr/include/linux/fs.h:14,
                     from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:17,
                     from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:24,
                     from include/includes.h:330,
                     from smbd/server.c:22:
/usr/include/asm/statfs.h:12: redefinition of 'struct statfs'

Thinking that the source might be bad, I downloaded a new kernel 2.4.17, and
proceeded to install it. Booting the new kernel worked just fine, but compiling samba
2.2.2 still produces the identical error. I checked to make sure that /usr/include/linux
and /usr/include/sys point where they're supposed to. Everything looks OK.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Bill Gradwohl