Publishing printer info in AD

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 17:27:03 GMT 2002

Ok, I've made some decent progress in publishing printer info via AD (thank
goodness for power outlets on trains).  What I've seen, however, is that we
need some good routines to update attributes of an object.  I've coded up
some routines, but I'm not thrilled with them.  My access is very slow
right now, so I'll post what I've got when I get back on Thursday or
Friday, and y'all can rip it apart.  But if anyone else has been working on
some generic ads modify routines, let me know.

I know what we need to publish and have succeeded in a hardcoded case.  I
haven't figured out yet exactly where we'll get the info, but hopefully
that will come on the train ride home.

Any input from anyone is greatly appreciated.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team