Ship date for 2.2.3.

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Jan 29 07:57:04 GMT 2002

Hi Jeremy,
Pulled 2.2.3 CVS yesterday, it configured, built, installed and ran from
scratch without problems on HP-UX 11.0.  Reset my machine account on my
native Win2k SP2 Domain, smbpasswd joined the domain, cp'ed pam_winbind.so
and libnss_winbind.so to the appropriate HPUX system library directories,
modified pam.conf and nsswitch.conf, and was able to ftp and login to the
HPUX box via DOMAINNAME+USERNAME format, copy files, etc.  Same with
accessing the HPUX filesets via samba from W2K domain clients whose only
user and group records existed only in the W2K domain, not smbpasswd or
/etc/passwd.
Life is looking good!
No stress testing, but expected functionality works without a hitch.
I was using the HPUX ANSI C complier for the build.

Main caveat at the moment is that HPUX implementation of pam and nsswitch
limit the 'methods' for password change to a list of 'known' methods (nis,
nis+ compat, files, ldap...) and having 'winbind' as a method in the
nsswitch.conf file 'breaks' the HPUX passwd command.  Not a Samba/Winbindd
issue, but something we will eventually have to tackle...
Thanks for getting all the HPUX changes in for us!

Don