How to use the new group/privilage mapping code.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sun Jan 27 23:00:02 GMT 2002

I am looking at what would be required to honor the 'add workstation to
domain' privilege that the new group mapping code generates.

It would seem a fairly simple matter of keeping the privilege map around
when we do the gid->sid converstion in password.c (for vuid creation).
Then I assume we just collect them into some kind of structure and
compare them in the RPC code.

Is this about right?

(I have a sneaking suspicion that while this would be sufficient to get
me a workstation account added to the domain, that also setting the
password on that account might be messy...).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net