Problem with National Characters

Mats olsson mace2442 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:02:02 GMT 2002

Hi Everyone

I am trying to migrate an old samba 2.07 to 3.0 and i got almost everything
runing smothly exept that I can't get swat to work. It starts and it listens
on port 901 but i can't connect so i decided to do without swat and used my
old smb-conf file instead. BIG Misstake.

Now i can't get the Swedish National Characters "åäö" to work they gets
replaced by "vde" both then i wiev the filenames with Samba or in a shell.
If i restart the old  2.07 it's alright.

I Belive this to be a config error on my part... I've included the SMB.CONF.
Could anyone please point out my misstake ?

Mats Olsson
MSCE NT4 working on W2K

Hämta MSN Explorer kostnadsfritt på http://explorer.msn.se/intl.asp.