tdb performance

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Jan 26 23:06:03 GMT 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Snapshotting seems to be the traditional method.  It think the idea is
> that tdb is sufficiently small that keeping it statically linked is not
> too large a burden.  I know its just in the 'tdb' subdir of Samba HEAD,
> Samba 2.2 and Samba TNG.

Cool. Done.

> I think this is an offer that will be taken up, but you will have to
> find somebody who works on tdb (I don't).

Can I have a hint?

> A memory mapped file is not sufficiently cached?  By doing it this way
> the underlying OS should have slight chance of getting it cached.

I am not aware of memory mapped files in tdb. The most recent version of
the code I had until the other day was like a year old, so perhaps it is
newer than that. I can't find in my quick reading of the code a reference
to it in tdb_open().

I would love to be able to open a memory only tdb. Can I have a hint?

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)