wins replication

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Fri Jan 25 15:05:04 GMT 2002

For the people loving to live on the bleeding edge, I've commited the wins
replication daemon to the HEAD branch on cvs.

As some of nmbd's structures have changed, you must do a make clean to get
it working. To configure the replication, a new smb.conf parameter has
been added 'wins partners' which take a list of ip address. When done you
just have to restart nmbd and start wrepld.

Currently, it can act as a pull/push server and as a pull client. I will
add push client soon. It's not yet perfect as I haven't tested all the
expiring code and strange cases, and it will probably crash if you have a
large site (that's next on my todo list).

enjoy.

	J.F.