Hidden,System Attributes on Directories

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Jan 24 15:32:02 GMT 2002

sometime ago i planned to test a special ACL on files that would store hidden, system, archive. Basically teh idea is to add a fake user named dosbits and add an ACL for user dosbits on the file or directory stornig the three attributes mentioned into rwx attributes of that fake user. The only issue is that you must make usre no one can impersonate that user as it can have read, write and/or execute access to the files of any user setting dos attributes.

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org