Hidden,System Attributes on Directories

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Jan 24 13:17:02 GMT 2002

Under Linux it'd make more sense to store the DOS attributes as extended
user attributes, but obviously that wouldn't be portable.  There are other
problems with doing it the way it's currently done...for example, if a
program manages to set the execute bit on a file, the file becomes hidden.
Photoshop does this for some bizarre reason.