Torture

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Wed Jan 23 14:09:41 GMT 2002

> "Esh, Andrew" wrote:
>
> Is there any way to run the torture tests without being part of the
> build farm? I tried this before, but was left with the impression that
> I had to join the build farm.

The smbtorture program is standalone, and may be run without any other
help.  The build farm testsuite was at one stage being ported to
'Satyer', a non-build-farm-dependent test harnes.  I'm not sure what the
end result of this was.

The other way to run the tests is to 'join' the build farm - but just
don't ever ask me for an upload password and don't run it in cron.  You
will get the same diagnostics in the output file whenever you start the
tests.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net