Possible BUG report

Michael O. Schoneman MSchoneman at bremson.com
Tue Jan 22 09:29:07 GMT 2002

I think I may have found a bug in Samba.  I'm new to this so it's possible
that it may just be a misconfiguration on my part.

Here's the symptom: When I open a file through Samba from a Windows box
using the code below I never get the "Existing file" case.  GetLastError()
always returns 0.  If I change the path to point to a share on a Windows
computer it works correctly.

I'm running Samba 2.2.2 on SuSE Linux 7.3.  The Windows box is running
Windows 2000 SP2.

If you have any ideas or need any more info let me know.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

-Michael O. Schoneman

    HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(
        lpszFullPath, // pointer to name of the file
        GENERIC_READ, // access (read-write) mode
        FILE_SHARE_READ, // share mode
        NULL, // pointer to security descriptor
        OPEN_ALWAYS, // how to create
        FILE_FLAG_SEQUENTIAL_SCAN, // file attributes
        NULL // handle to file with attributes to copy
        );

    if(hFile != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
	{
		// New File Test
		if(GetLastError() != ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS)
		{
			// It's a new file
		}
		else