include file configuration

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Jan 21 19:49:01 GMT 2002

On 21 Jan 2002, John Malmberg <wb8tyw at qsl.net> wrote:

> And then in the modules that need the include file to have the following:
>
> #define NEED_FOO_H 1
> #include "include.h"
>
> It looks like that SPLINT tool can identify any cases where this would
> be needed.
>
> Then it both fixes the problem for SPLINT and slightly reduces the
> symbols that the compiler needs to keep track of.

This might also make Samba faster to compile, but I think the problem
is that proto.h includes prototypes which may mention types declared
in all different header files.  Keeping track of which headers are
needed only by implementation code, and which are needed for global
declarations is arguably a waste of time.

--
Martin