Possible Sharity problem

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Mon Jan 21 16:15:06 GMT 2002

One of the users of my config util for Samba mailed me this little tidbit.

on 17-01-2002 16:46, Thorsten Dorn at dornt at sbu.ac.uk wrote:
> P.S.: I told you a few eMails before, of a problem with Sharity
> that loses the ability to connect to the Windows-network for some
> reason. Well, a guy from Objective Development asked me to
> change to following settings in Samba. I used SWAT for it. OK, the
> setting to change were: "local master" = "no" and "os level" = "1".
> No it works instantly!!!

So Sharity might have problems with Local masters that are non windows/samba
Could someone with Sharity check this out and maybe find out what is causing
it? His release was Samba 2.2.2 running on MacOS X.

Might also be a problem with Sharity of course, but I thought it shouldn't
matter.

DJ

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman