FreeBSD + samba 2.2.2 problems; semi-solution

Conrad Minshall conrad at apple.com
Mon Jan 21 12:15:39 GMT 2002

At 2:13 PM -0800 1/18/02, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
>> If you have a smoking gun, please see freebsd.org for reporting the
>problem.
>
>What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Sorry if that was unclear.  "Smoking gun" is an idiom.  From dictionary.com:

 Main Entry: smoking gun
 Function: noun
 Date: 1974
   something that serves as conclusive evidence or proof especially of a crime

If this truly is still not clear, email me privately and I'll try to explain.

In any case the following indicates FreeBSD may already have a fix, and you
could try it soon:

--
Conrad Minshall ... conrad at apple.com ... 408 974-2749
Alternative email addresses: rad at acm.org and conrad at mac.com.