Call for final changes for 2.2.3.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Jan 19 02:54:02 GMT 2002

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:16:08AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >         I think 2.2.3 is just about "done". So if there's something that
> > you *really* need that's not in it, now is the time to shout. Otherwise
> > we're going to spend the next few weeks regression testing and fixing
> > up all the packaging systems.
> >
> > Bear in mind that any request will delay 2.2.3 by a bit (depending on
> > how big it is).
> >
> > Speak now or......  :-).
> 1. Non-closed TDB for winbindd_idmap.tdb in winbindd (both 2.2 and 3.0).

you forgot to attach the patch... (trivial change in any case)

> 2. It would be good to see default domain added. I have patch for
> SAMBA_2_2 branch which works but needs yet more testing.

I would have to vote _no_ on this, having worked on the default domain
code in HEAD.  Doing it properly still requires a bit more work, and has
problmatic interaction with parts of smbd and their use of
'lp_winbind_seperator()' for local/remote user dectection.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net