Draft passwd/smbpasswd checker

Kevin (HxPro) Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 09:45:05 GMT 2002

Hi guys,

I thought I'd contribute this for suggestions. Basically it reads the
/etc/passwd and the ypcat of the NIS password and checks the smbpasswd
file against it for reasonable things - e.g. the uids match, accounts
exist etc.

Please feel free to comment/make suggestions. Helps to catch those slip
ups that people make when in a rush/don't quite do the right thing.

Thanks

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley             | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Technical Services Manager | and are not shared by my employers |