Safe netbios characters

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Thu Jan 17 13:40:15 GMT 2002

Tim Potter wrote:
>I'm not sure whether this patch is complete.  According to the User
>Manager the following characters can't be present in a username:
>"/\[]:;|=,+*?<>
>
>Not sure about domain names though.  Also the space character is
>specifically allowed in both domain and usernames!

If you imagine Japanese, more and more characters should be available.
"What character is valid" depends on the codepage, so it should depend
on "client code page" parameter if strictly or all characters except
some dangerous chars need to be available, I think.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/
JWNTUG - http://www.jwntug.or.jp/  Analog-JP - http://www.jp.analog.cx/