Plugable passdb (SAM) modules

David Le Corfec david.le-corfec at idealx.com
Thu Jan 17 11:42:06 GMT 2002

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> The 'pluggable' functionality only allows one passdb at a time for
> access via the existing interface.  I assign a static variable that
> contains a pointer to the context that is initialised at startup.
>
> However, I have allowed for muliple passdb backends to operate at the
> same time when they create their own context.  This is designed for
> things like a samcopy utility, which will know how to open two passdbs
> at the same time.

IMHO, the biggest advantage of using dso for backends is to move
the choice of backend from compile-time to run-time, thus allowing
binary packages ready for all backends. Maybe it'll give even more
users (and then more contributors :) for the LDAP backend.

On a technical side, the patch looks good (for my little understanding
of pdb sources and dso conception).

--
dlc