homes share and NIS

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Wed Jan 16 14:02:09 GMT 2002

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2002 18:34 schrieben Sie:

 >  So my home directory gets /home/homes instead of /home/juhasch.
 >  It looks like this change to lib/username.c broke it for me:
 >
 >  Revision 1.31.4.17 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Tue Dec
 > 18 08:06:02 2001 UTC (4 weeks ago) by jra
 > Branch: SAMBA_2_2
 > Changes since 1.31.4.16: +16 -0 lines
 >  Diff to previous 1.31.4.16 (colored) to branchpoint 1.31 (colored)
 > Tim's fix to user pathname in homes share by default looks ok for 2.2.3.
 >  Needs testing though.
 >  Jeremy
 >
 > After removing the changes it works fine again.
 > It seems get_user_home_dir doesn't expand %S to what I would expect.
 > My share gets mapped to /home/homes instead of /home/juhasch, which
 > doesn't exist, of course.
 > I have the same on another machine which is a NIS client, but not
 > on a machine without NIS.

I tested this again on a machine without NIS and it is broken, too.
 Looks like the %S substitution for the homes share is broken.

Is nobody using %S ?
 I want to be able to connect the home directories of
 other users, not only my own.

Jeremy, I looked at the source, but it doesn't look easy enough
 for me to fix this. Would you mind to revert (or fix) the changes ?

...Juergen