error - mounting from Windows 95

Darin DeCounter ddecounter at lvrj.com
Wed Jan 16 08:41:11 GMT 2002

We're in the process of installing/configuring samba.  I'm at 1.9 Step 8
(everything else seems to have checked out up to this point).  When I try
to mount a disk with Windows 95 (by typing c:\windows\> net use g:
\\testsrv\ads from the 'run' line), it gives an error msg

"Cannot find the file 'c:\windows\>' (or one of it's components).  Make
sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are
available."

The documentation doesn't give much in the way of examples.  I tried
specifying our filesystems/directories in the 'public' section of smb.conf,
but was sure if that was correct.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darin DeCounter

Atex Assistant System Administrator
Las Vegas Review-Journal
702-387-5230