(Sorry) Losing network drives (Windows 2000)

Lisa Becktold {CADIG STAFF} lisa at usna.navy.mil
Wed Jan 16 07:33:04 GMT 2002

I posted an earlier message that did not include a problem description.
Sorry about that....

I have received a response from a samba mail list reader who says he
is having the same problem (losing Samba shares mapped to Windows 2000
workstations).  He has asked me to forward any information or solutions...

I did notice that "max connections=40" was set under the homes share in
my smb.conf file.  I'm not sure how that got there....  I commented it
out, and our system programmer restarted Samba early this morning.
I will track drive mapping today to see if deleting the "max connections"
parameter has any affect at all.  It may be irrelevant, because I
lose all four shares on the Windows 2000 workstation, not just the home
share.

After the shares disappear, I can go to the command line on the Windows
2000 workstation and use the "net use" command to remap the shares.  This
works without a problem.

Sorry for earlier "blank" posting.

thanks,

Lisa